Categories of hosting solutions
A hosting solution involves saving and/or sharing specific content on a hosting server handled by a web hosting provider. There are different categories of hosting services used for various purposes, so let's explore them. Doing so, you can choose what you want, on the basis of whether you desire to set up a blog, electronic mail accounts, or to share files with friends and acquaintances.
- File hosting: a solution provided by certain hosts, which enables you to share enormous files. These could be disk images, movies, audio files, archived files, and so on. This solution is also known as file storage, and its single purpose is to share files, since it does not support web site uploading. As soon as the files are uploaded, you will either obtain an accidentally generated download link for each of them, or you will be able to explore a roster of all the files in a directory, but you will be unable to load .html or .php web page files in your browser. Free file storage plans are frequently supported by exhibiting adverts next to the download links, while a timer makes you wait for a specific interval of time to see them. A single file can be downloaded with restricted speed. If you run a paid file storage plan, there are no limitations as to how many files you can upload/download immediately, and also there is no restriction in regard to the download speed or the file size.
At the moment, with the assistance of the cPanel hosting suppliers, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more stylish "cloud hosting". This is a totally fallacious interpretation of the real connotation of "cloud hosting". A real cloud website hosting platform would divide the workload between separate bunches of web servers in a cluster, which are devoted to serving miscellaneous web site hosting services (email, web space, statistics, DNS, databases, hosting Control Panel, etc.) So, the file hosting service is just a brand of a data storage hosting service, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even close.
- Image hosting: similar to file hosting; given vendors offer a hosting solution for images only. This hosting variant is appropriate if you want to share a huge number of pics with chums or acquaintances since the service is usually free of charge. You will get a randomly generated link for each picture or album and you can then share this link. As with the file hosting service, .html and .php files are not supported, so the service cannot be utilized for web pages.
- Email hosting: a service devoted to managing your e-mail address accounts. Some providers offer website hosting solutions for web sites, but do not provide an email solution. If you would like to set up a mail address with your domain name but do not wish to keep a website, then the email hosting solution is what you want. You can set up e-mail box accounts and administer them, but there will be no hosting solution for the domains. The e-mail hosting service involves incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP mail servers.
- Video hosting: this service enables you to upload and share video clips. You can either share a link to a particular video clip, or you can embed the video file in your web site that is hosted elsewhere. The advantage of utilizing this method in lieu of uploading the video clip in a hosting account is that the video produces a specific amount of central processing unit load, so with a handful of video clips and several hundred visitors, you may have difficulty with your web site hosting reserves. Embedding the video will enable you to operate as many video clips as you want to without hassling about system resources.
- Website hosting: this is the solution that you require if you desire to own a website. To some degree, it incorporates all of the aforesaid hosting types since, along with your web sites, you can also host images and files, you can keep databases and mail addresses, upload video clips, etc. At Exclusive Hosting, for instance, you can see web hosting and dedicated hosting services that enable you to have all of the abovementioned services in a single place. There may be limitations based on the type of hosting service that you've settled on - a free hosting plan, a paid shared hosting package, a VPS or a dedicated server. Based on that, your website hosting plan may be better or worse compared with the routine email/file/video/image hosting accounts that are meant for specific content exclusively.